Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Fury of the Ancients - planning a new army

Hey there guys! I wanted to run something by you.

You may have seen my army painting challenge post. That's going really well for me, but it got me thinking about wanting to do something a little different later this year. Once I've painted all that infantry, my core forces will be finished and I can afford to have a little fun.

My first thought was to go all out and start a Knight army. I'd only need 5 models for a full army!

Then I thought, actually I like playing Zone Mortalis a lot, and knights don't really fit into space hulk or underground caverns very often, so maybe that's not for me.

What about a tank army? Not really ZM either...

So I've decided to go for a Contemptor Dreadnought army. Using the 'Fury of the Ancients' rule of war I can field Contemptors as troops choices. I have fancied painting a Leviathan for a while and the new Space Wolves dread should be out soon, so this sounds like the perfect time to do this.

I've been looking through the book and considering my options. Some constraints are:
  • Need to take a Forge Lord and Primus Medicae as HQs
  • Want to incorporate the two dreads I already have. 
Manoeuvrability will be an issue as dreads aren't known for their speed. I could include some drop pods, but I don't want to. 

So, I've come up with the list below and wanted some feedback from you guys. What do you think? Weapons load outs ok? I've tried to go for a lot of medium to long range weaponry, not wanting my tin cans to get bogged down in close combat.


The ticks are the things I already have.

Feedback welcome!

Dave

theerrantwolf.blogspot.co.uk - a blog dedicated to The Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40k

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately the list is illegal (no character with the master of the legion rule to unlock Rite of Wars) unless your group has a house rule allowing that.

    ReplyDelete